- There were two cents waiting for me when I got to the self-checkout machine at the grocery store.
- The Pacific Northwest had an unusually warm and long summer. Short days, cool temperatures and rain, all proof that summer has past. When the fall rains come the trails in my neighborhood park often become little waterways. I now wear rubber boots when I take Lola on her daily walks. Recently my toes felt a cold wet sensation when I stepped in the water. Can you see the crack? Some time ago I had picked up some Shoe Goo at Goodwill. Just because I thought it would be good to have on hand. Today I put the fix to the test and came out with dry feet.
- With the change of seasons I am preparing my summer wardrobe for storage. While doing so I discovered that this skirt had a tear. I took a few minutes to mend the skirt.“A stitch in time saves nine” is certainly true. Had I sent this skirt through the laundry the gauze fabric would surely have come unraveled.
- I spent $199.99 for 4500 minutes for my Tracfone. Two Hundred dollars may not sound frugal but I’m good now until March 2017.
- For entertainment I made a bowl of popcorn and watched a double feature on Netflix.
I hope my 5 Frugal Things have inspired you.
Please share your frugal actions in the comments so I get new ideas too.