- My neighbors are taking their 9 month old daughter to meet her father’s relatives in India. I’m dog sitting while they are away. I get companionship (I miss Glory so much), needed exercise and they are paying me.
- I found this designer blouse in the 50 cent bin at St. Vinney’s. Excellent fit 🙂 , good quality 🙂 , strange design element on the sleeves 😦 I removed the sleeves and recut them using a basic pattern.It may not be a “Designer Look” but I’m very happy with the results.
- I’m keeping the thermostat at 65 degrees. I tend to be a cold body but by dressing in layers I’m comfortable most of the time. If whatever I’m doing allows, I use a lap blanket and if I still feel chilly I wear my beret even in the house.
- One day last week my schedule was jam packed and I was sorely tempted to stop for a fast food dinner, but I grabbed something from home instead.
- A new doctor has joined the staff at my dentist’s office. Dr. Philip has just completed school and to give her practice with oral surgery the office is offering dental implants at a $1000 dollar discount. I have retained baby teeth that will sooner or later need to be replaced by implants so I’m taking advantage of the “introductory price” and having the work done now.
How about you, what frugal things did you do this week?