I don’t want you to think that all my attempts at frugality work out as planned.
So instead of a 5 Frugal Things post, today I’m doing a 5 Frugal Fails.
1.I was looking through my collection of thrifted patterns to find one for a refashion I’m working on. I not only found the hi-lo skirt pattern I was looking for but also, duplicates of two other patterns.
2. I need a roll of contact paper. The roll I found at Goodwill was marked down. Perfect, right? When I got home I noticed that it was Shelf Liner not contact paper.
3. I had a flat tire on my garden wagon. I failed in my attempt to replace the tire myself.
4. Albertson’s opened a new store near me. They mailed out $10 off a purchase of $50 or more. I planned to take advantage of the great deal, but I misplaced the coupon. It finally turned up 2 days after it expired.
5. After filling my bird feeder I got sidetracked (the story of my life) I came back to find that the squirrels had taken advantage of the easily accessible sunflower seeds.
Although there have been several fails recently there is a bright side:
- I know I really like the blouse patterns since I picked them out twice. I NEVER pay more that 99 cents for patterns so it was not a major investment.
2.The difference between Contact and shelf Liner is Contact paper is self adhesive. I’ll eventually find a use for the shelf liner, even if I don’t I’m only out 50 cents.
3.I didn’t have to pay to have the tire fixed. I just had to find someone more handy than myself. Beside that I learned how to change the tire if I have to do it again in the future.
4. Thus Tuesday’s ad had another $10 OFF coupon for Albertson’s. You can be sure I won’t lose track of this one.
5.The truth is that squirrels get a fair amount of my bird seed anyway. They are always scarfing up what the birds drop to the ground. I’m still glad that I found the open tin when I did to limit the damage.
Tell me about your frugal fail, I don’t want to feel alone.